
Iran Lawmakers Push $58 Million Bounty on Trump
Iran's parliament reportedly is considering a bill calling for the assassination of both President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Iranian lawmakers are preparing to vote on legislation that would formally authorize a $58 million reward for anyone who kills Trump following the February U.S. and Israeli strikes on Iran that killed Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, The Telegraph reported Monday.
Ebrahim Azizi, chair of Iran's national security commission, said the proposed bill — titled "Reciprocal action by military and security forces of the Islamic Republic" — would codify what had previously been limited to regime-linked propaganda campaigns and religious fatwas.
The legislation would also target Netanyahu and U.S. Central Command chief Adm. Brad Cooper, whom Tehran blames for the Feb. 28 operation.
Mahmoud Nabavian, another member of Iran's national security commission, reportedly declared that parliament would soon vote on rewards for whoever "sends Mr. Trump and Netanyahu to hell."
The threats mark the latest escalation in years of Iranian rhetoric directed at Trump, dating back to the 2020 U.S. drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Trump has repeatedly warned Tehran against carrying out any attacks against him or American interests.
Last year, Trump vowed the United States would "wipe them off the face of the Earth" if Iran attempted to follow through on assassination threats.
Iranian officials and regime-linked groups have repeatedly issued similar threats in recent years.
In March, senior Iranian security official Ali Larijani warned Trump to "watch out for yourself — lest you be eliminated" after Trump threatened devastating retaliation if Iran attempted to block oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz.
In January, Iranian state television aired an image of Trump from the 2024 Butler, Pennsylvania assassination attempt alongside the chilling warning: "This time, the bullet won't miss."
Federal prosecutors have also tied multiple alleged murder-for-hire plots to Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps.
The Justice Department previously announced charges against individuals accused of attempting to recruit assassins to target Trump and other U.S. officials on behalf of Tehran.
Meanwhile, tensions between Washington, Jerusalem, and Tehran remain elevated despite ongoing indirect peace negotiations reportedly being brokered through Pakistan.
Iranian media claim the talks involve disputes over sanctions relief, nuclear restrictions, frozen Iranian assets, and the future of regional conflicts involving Hezbollah and other Iranian proxies.
The Telegraph reported that Iran is demanding an end to sanctions, compensation for war damage, and recognition of Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz.
At the same time, Israeli officials are reportedly preparing for the possibility of renewed hostilities.
Netanyahu was excused from his criminal trial Monday to attend emergency security meetings following a recent phone call with Trump regarding Iran.
Government sources cited by The Telegraph said both the United States and Israel believe Iran could be preparing a preemptive strike, prompting heightened military readiness across the region.
However, Trump said Monday there was a "very good chance" the U.S. could reach an agreement with Iran to prevent Tehran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, hours after saying he had postponed a planned military attack at Gulf allies' request to allow negotiations to continue.
*excerpt from Charlie McCarthy's article*
Reuters contributed to this report.
I do not endorse or condone Newsmax.
Full Article here:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/iran-parliament-assassinate/2026/05/19/id/1256748/